It has been reported that Motorola Photon 4G won’t get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update officially.However this doesn’t mean that the users of the smartphone won’t be able to experience the new firmware update on their devices. Because of the great effort of the Android developer community,the users of Motorola 4G can now update their devices to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with the help of a custom ROM.
Android Jinn reported that MIUIAndroid is the custom ROM to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean into the Motorola Photon 4G.It includes various Android features such as the smooth interface, improved notifications, advanced voice recognition service, smarter keyboard, offline voice typing, Google Now and many more to the Motorola smartphone.Motorola Photon 4G, with a dual core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and 1 GB of RAM, is enough competent to run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean smoothly.
Besides this ,since MIUIAndroid ROM is built using MIUI version 2.12.7 and AOKP Milestone 1 FINAL, customers will get a loads of customization options.
Do not try this tutorial in any other Android devises.This is meant only for Motorola Photon 4G.
- Firstly , back up all the data so that can be recovered in case it is lost.
- Ensure that the device has at least 80 percent battery power.
- USB driver must be installed for Motorola Photon 4G in PC.
- USB Debugging must be enabled.
- Be sure that device is rooted and has ClockworkMode Recovery Installed.
- Do not skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this custom ROM doesn’t work the way user want.
- User must proceed this process at their own risk.
Files required :
- Aroma-Prep (File name: Aroma_prep.zip)
- MIUIAndroid for Motorola 4G (File name: MIUIAndroid_sunfire_2.12.14.zip)
- Google Apps (File name: gapps-jb20121011-signed.zp)
Step 1: Connect Motorola Photon 4G to PC via USB.
Step 2: Copy all the download Zip files to SD card of device but do not extract any file.
Step 3: Now disconnect USB and turn off phone.
Step 4: After that Boot into recovery.To do so,user must first press and hold Volume Down button and the Power button on the back until the text Fastboot appear in the top left corner of the screen. And then use the Volume button to scroll through all the options until user reach Android Recovery.
Now,press Volume up button as a result user will be seen in CWM recovery screen.Use Volume keys to scroll through options and power button to select an option once you are in recovery mode.
Step 5: User should perform a Nandroid back up of existing ROM.To do so , select Back up and Restore,then on the next screen, select Backup again.Now go back to the recovery menu after back up complete.
Step 6: Perform data wiping task .Go to wipe data/factory reset and then select yes on next screen to confirm the action.Just wait for the few minutes till the data wipe is completed.
Step 7: Select install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card.After that locate the Aroma_Prep.Zip which is copied in step 2 and select it by pressing power button.(if it is touch version,tap on it )
Now confirm the installation by selecting Yes-install Aroma_Prep.zip on the next screen.The Aroma -Prep file installation will begin.Once it is completed go to Advanced Menu,select Report Error,Show Log,Reboot Recovery.
Step 8: After the installation process ends,repeat step 7 but choose MIUIAndroid_Sunfire_2.12.14.zip instead of ROM zip to install the ROM.The Aroma installation will be pop up.Choose wipe type and options.When it finishes installing,UN-CHECK the ‘Reboot Now’ Box and click Next.
Step 9: Manually reboot device to recovery mode and in CWM recovery follow the below steps :
Step 10: Reboot step 7 but choose gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
Step 11: After the installation is complete,go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Jelly Bean ROM MIUIAndroid. NOTE: The first boot will take time.
Step 12: If user want to go back to the Previous ROM ,boot into recovery,select back up and restore the previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Incoming search terms:
- photon 4g jelly bean
- photon 4g jelly bean update
- jelly bean motorola photon 4g
- jelly bean for motorola photon 4g
- motorola photon 4g jelly bean rom
- motorola photon 4g upgrade to jelly bean
- how to upgrade motorola photon 4g to jelly bean
- motorola photon 4g jelly bean update
- motorola photon jelly bean
- motorola photon jelly bean update